Starting July 2018 | 10-20 hours per week
Virtual | Compensation assumes the person is based in Medellín or similar city.
This role will support the founders on administrative tasks such as data entry, internet research, translation (English <—> Spanish), social media, and live chat with customers.
Participant develops assistive products, like wheelchairs, so that people with disabilities can participate more in society. We are a seed stage startup that functions as a virtual team. That means you can do your excellent work from wherever you want; and, there is potential for promotion and a full time position based at our future office in Central America.
- Social media networking and promotion
- Internet research on customers
- Lead generation via internet research and social media research
- Simple tasks in Quickbooks such as entering travel expenses
- Translation of documents English->Spanish and vice versa
- Customer service and live chat
- Data entry of business cards
- Administrative assistant or similar role
- Past experience on social media campaigns is a plus, especially Gofundme, Kickstarter or Indiegogo
- Comfortable with a virtual team - we need self-motivated people who can perform without a regular office social environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English and Spanish
- Proficiency with Google docs
- Positive attitude; solution oriented; efficient
- Interest to learn
- Excellent self-management, proactive, reliable, trustworthy
- Ambition for professional growth and promotion
Participant’s People Profile:
The right people doing great teamwork can produce excellent results that cause transforming impact for our users. We look for people with these characteristics:
Purpose-driven: passion and drive to make a real impact with our social mission agenda
Empathy: deep understanding and shared feelings with our product users, customers, teammates, and other stakeholders.
Mastery: continuously learn and develop to remain an expert in your functional area
Autonomy: courage to make choices and take ownership
CreAction: creativity that moves to smart action and results. This flows from a curious nature and interest to collaborate with a variety of personalities and stakeholders.
User Focus: a humble and data based mindset centered on our product users that follows the build - measure - learn cycle for continuous improvement of products and team
Fun: we strive to create a fun, relaxed work environment that encourages meaningful interactions, collaborative approaches and creates a cohesive team.
Participant is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. We believe this is the right thing to do, and we do it whether or not the local laws require it.
Participant prefers to do trial contracts before hiring. If you are open to that, please let us know. To apply email your cover letter and resume in one .pdf to email@example.com